On June 18th, I leave for Ethiopia. While I'm there, I'll be visiting, speaking, and teaching in various places. First, I will take multiple flights from LAX, to San Francisco, to Frankfurt, to Addis Ababa taking around 25 hours of travel. When I arrive, the time will be 10 hours later than Pacific Standard Time.

After some time to recover, I will be the main speaker for two different commencement services. From there, I will present on Leadership in the Church for a seminar in Bahar Dar. I look forward to making some friends, encouraging our brethren in Ethiopia, and learning about the history and culture.

To learn just a little bit about Ethiopia, I greatly encourage you to visit Wiki Travel's article. I was blown away by the history of this place! It's not just a place that showed up on charity comercials back in the 80s, it is one of the most facinating places in the world!

Some of the things I plan on seeing include:

• Queen of Sheba’s bath and palace.
  • Excavated tombs and the country’s most revered church - St. Mary of Zion ( where legend says the Ethiopian orthodox church keeps the original ark of covenant)
  • The Obelisk of Axum
  • The churches in the Lalibela area
  • 17th century castle compound in Gondar
  • The church of Debre Berhan Selassi

Don't worry, I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can. Also, I hope to hold a presentation for the church and community to share the experience.

Comments

Matt
06/11/2014 11:02pm

Where's the share button?

07/04/2017 1:11pm

One thing that I've always wanted to do is go to different countries while sharing my knowledge and learning the culture of it at the same time. I've always wanted to take a tour at Ethiopia, it means to offer so much knowledge and I'm very excited to see it. Looking forward to see this wonderful place.

Janelle
06/20/2014 7:25am

Such a great opportunity for you. We will miss you while you are gone but look forward to hearing about your trip. Be safe.

05/19/2016 3:24am

Travel in Ethiopia (especially bus travel) is a real adventure and not for the faint hearted as there is long travel days (even longer if the bus breaks down) on poorly maintained roads. But it is an excellent way to get up close and personal and experience the life and culture of the locals. When you need more information about traveling, you should visit theapartmentsumalas.com.

09/28/2016 7:00pm

Best of luck for this tour hope you will go safe and also come with the safety. This is a very good place that is having the latest places for the enjoyment. Hope you will enjoy allots on her e and gets the all that you want to enjoy.

Hmm, do you think it is a good decision for you to visit Ethiopia? I hope it will be a great trip for you.

04/06/2017 9:45am

Can you tell us about your journey, please? I am so interested about it. I am sure you were impressed.

04/17/2017 6:35am

You completed a number of nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found nearly all people will have the same opinion with your blog.

05/08/2017 9:34pm

Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.

05/25/2017 11:41pm

Hope that you experienced many new things in that lovely place.

A good place to to for a trip.

05/28/2017 11:49pm

Woow, that’s so amazing journey yeaah. First, what the purpose of you come to Ethiopia ? are you wanna teaching or anything else ? no matter with that, but i think this is so amazing. Are you ever hear that many expat in Indonesia specially bali ? don’t you interesting for going to here ? you can stay at apartmen, that’s The Apartments Umalas, this is the best apartment with deluxe, grand deluxe and prestige suite. Many activities you can do in here of course that’s balinese activities. To get more information you can going to www.theapartmentsumalas.com/

Keep posting this information.

Keep sharing.

07/06/2017 7:39pm

I would love to visit countries from Africa someday. It's the melting pot for cultures that innovated the world. I would like to hear their stories. I would love to experience their day to day living. Have fun in Ethiopia and please leave us some pictures.

07/10/2017 4:28am

Hand tools are necessary even for a simple homeowner. There are certain tasks at home that need the use of these tools to be completed. Hence, most households nowadays have their own toolkit ready for any situations that can happen any time of the day.